There's nothing more therapeutic than breaking ceramincs against a wall.
Heh. Scratch that. But whenever I get that feeling, I know I need to run. As fast as I possibly can till, oh, over Veterans. Sometimes I yell, sometimes I wave my fists around while yelling, and sometimes I run too fast to yell.
Today was one of those afternoons. But after a long run, a quick clean-up around the house and a beer, I decided to make one of Heidi Swanson's genius, quick, vegetarian recipes from her blog, 101 Cookbooks.
Enter heirloom beans & seitan, complete with roasted broccoli, onions and Parmesean cheese. It was divine, and almost better than the first time I made it. My version, of course, per her recommendation, had canned beans and onions. But it's such a simple, filling, delicious dish that I can make in 20 minutes including washing dishes. NOM NOM NOM...
So after a long, tiring, stressful week, my belly is full, my outlook is much more positive and I am far more relaxed.
No comments:
Post a Comment