Is it true? Have I survived yet another blustery, dark winter of cyclocommuting?
This morning, which marks the first day of March and inches me closer to spring, I racked my bicycle in the downstairs of my building. The wind chilled my ears on my ride in, but not enough to necessitate an ear warmer. I wore knickers, long sleeves and gloves. The sun now peeks through our 7th floor windows and will warm our office to an uncomfortable state by later this morning.
But I made it! I MAAADE IT! Gone are the multiple layers of pants/jackets/gloves/Bar Mitts/scarves, at least till next winter. Even an early spring freeze can't deter me at this point. These mornings have me falling in love with Chattanooga and the South more and more each day.
I'm silly and in love, and I made it through another season of hibernating, dark beers and inside activities. Yesssss.
No comments:
Post a Comment