Saturday, November 8, 2008

Cold, clean, crisp

Another week blows away in the fall wind...

The time change is finally settling in, though I still wake up earlier than normal. This morning I was startled into thinking I failed to turn on my alarm and was late for work. I won't even go into the contents of this week. They are done, complete, passed. Well, I DID see the Avett Bros. last night, and it was comforting. Lonely, but comforting. Then Amy and I ate like queens at Le Parigo, which was an appropriate celebration cause...

My temp contact was extended till MARCH! Wooohooo! It came in lieu of 50 layoffs at the paper this week, 13 from the newsroom. It could mean more work for me there, it could mean less work for me there - it most definitely means a decline in the quality of our newspaper and even lowered morale and more employees worry about job security. This is not a good time for print news. Or (sensational!! ha) broadcast news either.

Now I'm faced with some employment decisions: keep working both jobs and bank out big at the end of January. Work one or the other, one which is mindless but happy, the other is negative but pays more. These are not really OPTIONS yet, as I am uncertain of my future at the paper, but... just something to start considering. Hmph.

With a smile on my face, enough money and food to live comfortably, new boots on my feet...I'm happy. And in love. And my future remains so, so bright.

No comments: