Wednesday, April 15, 2009

home sweet home


Two big furry pups and a little tiny one relax by my fluorescent green socks that so brightly cover my new blisters. I literally hit the ground running here. The scamper down to an interview this morning in Danskos sans socks left me hurtin'. A passerby dutifully pointed it out: "You could use some socks!"

It didn't hurt till after the interview upon realizing I still had quite a ways to walk. Hence the fancy sock purchase next door to potential new workplace. It was worth it. Two interview down and one to go, and I've been in town for about 48 hours. I can't wait to work! To get on my own symbollically blistered feet again.

The blisters on my feet match the burn on my thumb from rushing and the wind/sunburn on my face from the ride home. I wisely and sucessfully bartered with my second favorite bike shop owner this afternoon to retrieve my bike! It was great. A few super hoppy beers from Oregon seem to do the trick most of the time. My ride to the house is killer, truly killer: a steady succession of hills made me feel like a CHAMPION upon completion. Walky, you know how it feels...

Phew. I really needed that adrenaline.

No comments: