Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Weekend at Bernie's


Seconds after Grace ran into the studio, Kelly and I nearly jumped.

"WHERE IS THE BUNNY?!"

The baby bunny her cat tried to maul last night had apparently escaped from the tupperware he was chillin in previously. Kelly and I, unaware of the missing bunny, looked surprised but not altogether shocked. It wasn't out of the ordinary for Grace to be missing a tiny bunny that she was about to take to the Nature Center.

I reluctantly signed up to tweet with the rest of you twitterin maniacs...teehee! LadyEllJay is the name. I guess this makes me a late adopter of that technology. I would love a quick hands-on tutorial.

Jason and Brittany's wedding this weekend sent my mind reeling about marriage and relationships. All relationships will have a bad point, a wretched point. It is a solitude I seek within myself, outside of intimate relationships, that my impatient, messy nature has a hard time finding. I'm learning, every day, about these things. I think I'll continue to learn about those kinds of relationships that I seem to have a hard time living without. Pulling myself away from? Ending sentences with open-ended prepositions...

Oh the ellipses, you open ended mark you, inviting responses for centuries! Trailing off into silence...

dot dot dot

Now I'm just getting goofy! Kelly continues makin' pretty portraits on her canvas. Grace whirled out of the studio with the same energy and gusto with which she entered. I'm getting creative and cheap about making it to Knoxville for a weekend of luxurious love, fun and sunshine. We shall see.

No comments: