Monday, July 19, 2010

Stepping Out of the "Public" Sphere

I've never been too good about writing articles with my name on them. They always seem to make me nervous—I don't want to get anything wrong, mess up a detail, turn in an article that's already been written...

Well, I had succesfully avoided the former two tasks (or at least errors that had been write-up worthy), but the latter I accomplished tonight. For an article about a new local coffee roaster who delivers beans by bicycle—great guy, great concept. But I apparently have neglected my Google reader this week, as the article was published on said local blog—last week!

Ugh. I blushed and was somewhat ashamed. I still struggle with the work in progress of being a neighborhood blogger, though, or shit, even blogging in my free time! And other people beat me to the punch (re: The Path Less Pedaled coming to town, Velo Coffee, etc.). This is a success for media blogs though! One step closer to up-to-the-minute news. I'm just not your girl.

Oh well. Does it help to cover my butt—I had my head happily in the clouds last weekend, I experienced a tough-as-shit week at work and on the homefront last week, and the figurative hangover from the doomed last week still lingers. Eff you, Monday. Now off with you!

1 comment:

Wendy Walker said...

awww Loo, better luck next time. Sounds like the coffee by bici is some jumpin' java.