
NPR blares on as J reads aloud from the recent wiki leak page. A half-eaten peach lies near my copy of Lolita that I finally finished this morning. It's almost noon, I could use more coffee and I'm blogging from my phone. Who knew the 21st century would be so seemingly connected?
While the week has been lacking exciting bike adventures, it's been full of self realization related to work experiences. Friday night brought a beautiful drive to Powell's Crossroads for fireworks and a friend's birthday. Tomorrow I'm going to celebrate my birthday with my Mom to kick off the week of new year festivities.
Birthdays are always a time of reflection and thought for me; I like to set goals, look at how the past year unfolded and see how I've grown. A year ago, I was preparing to move into my first solo apartment. I had no furniture and a few boxes of belongings. J and I had only briefly crossed paths, unintentionally, and it would be another week or so till we were formally introduced at the farmer's market the Sunday after my birthday.
Today, while that apartment has proved to be not so wallet friendly or resorce efficient, it will do for now. The slow demise of my current living space, however, does not parallel my relationship. It's quite the opposite: I have a partner in cycling, travel, work foilbles, being lazy, discovering new aspects of my hometown. He's my best friend, my biggest fan and sometimes my toughest critic. And one year later, I wouldn't have it any other way.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.8
No comments:
Post a Comment