Last night's ride was nothing special. My legs finally started to burn on Moccasin Bend, then we rode to the Southside for a few errands... and rode BACK to the Southside about an hour later for a friend's birthday festivities.
It's been a busy week, between bicycling, birthdays, maternal events and other celebrations. I almost wish this weekend was still a blank slate, and J and I could sneak off to Maryville or Asheville to visit friends. Instead I'm sure I'll end up making another monstrous breakfast and visiting my Mom on Sunday after partying all Saturday night with Grace.
Le sigh. May, you're such a busy month.
I did utilize my bicycle, rack and fancy shmancy Ortlieb Backroller Plus Panniers for another purpose—laundry! I strapped two loads of laundry on Beyonce and pedaled to the coin laundry just around the corner. It was a huge success, and one of the bulkier loads to date. She handled like a dream.
Since I've been following some of the fashionista cycling blogs, I've been lusting over a step-through city bike. Form AND function, as some would say. After riding one of Outdoor Chattanooga's charming Bianchi Milanos (they have a step-through in the fleet) and drooling over the ones on sale at RiverCity, I found one on Craigslist...
It's a 2006-7 with a 7-speed (or 8?) internal hub. Celeste in color, ready for a cute basket on the front in my mind at least. There are a few kinks though... Maybe you folks have some advice.
(The photo to the left is NOT the same model.)
• It's a women's 19.5" frame. I'm thinking that's HUGE. I ride a 52cm road bike though...so how huge could it really be? I'm 5'4". I guess I should measure my inseam/standover.
• I guess I won't know until I ride it, which I haven't done yet! And I really, really want to.
• I just told myself the other day that I wasn't going to spend more than $50 on cycling stuff for two more paychecks. But I don't have a car. Imagine how much I would spend per paycheck on a car.
• The internal hub doesn't scream at me, but I'm open to new things.
• Oh god. Do I really need another bicycle?

No comments:
Post a Comment