Saturday, May 8, 2010

Celeste-ial Cruising: The Bianchi Milano

I did it. 

In the end it came down to lust and beauty—you could call it an emotional decision. 

But my good friends at Outdoor Chattanooga, as well as a bicycle enthusiast co-worker, reassured me that if I didn't buy it, they would. So if it cruising turns out to be not my speed, I'm sure this Bianchi will have a happy home right down the street. 

I'm smitten! She's got an 8-speed internal hub (which is apparently 'low maintenance'?) witha drum brake, a V-brake in the front, pretty red tires, a chain guard...and as you can see above, a beautiful paint job. 

The previous owner put very few miles on the bicycle, and she gave me the little computer, too. Who knows how accurate it is...but it's neat. I may put it on Beyonce for longer rides. I have a BELL now, too, so I can make pedestrians more aware without yelling at them. As a car-free professional, I'll have an easier way to ride in style with any shoes, a skirt, in the buff (ha..haha)—you name it! It's an entirely different style of riding, and I'm already hooked.

Don't you want to test ride the new Bianchi in the family? Come on by! With a twist shifter that works even at a stand-still, it's a great beginner bike that's easy to handle, pretty light (aluminum frame) and SO FUN to ride!!!

I'm the proud owner of two Bianchis, both relatively new. Combined with J's Ole Blue (an 80s roadie) and Volpe, we boast four fine bicycles from Bianchi. Bike luuuuuuh.

No comments: