Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Fall Rebirth

We leapt forward into the fall evening--the propulsion reminded me of spring--to Atlanta. Away from the moldy shell of my old house and from the new home front that doesn't quite feel like mine. From 8 p.m. on, we carved out a space in the Jeju Sauna, a Korean spa in Duluth. We left around 2 p.m. this afternoon--and I couldn't have experienced a more relaxing vacation weekend.

From scrubs and soaks to nearly 6 different sauna rooms, I literally lost a layer of old, dead skin. I'm glowing and smooth, refreshed and rested. A new house; my pretty awesome, challenging job; my sweet boyfriend, who has been visiting family in Philly all weekend; my future....all await me.

It's true, I ignored some tasks I should have tended to today. But I truly feel deserving of this day and this holiday weekend for relaxing and rejuvenating. Grace and I just had a delicious meal at Porter's in Little 5 Points, and I'm in Decatur for the first time ever, sitting on the packed patio of a poetry reading with a new book in hand. A pedicab keeps circling the block; dreams keep floating around in my head about my experiences. The reality of the time at the sauna sits soundly though--a crowd is forming as I slip into total relaxation.

No comments: