Friday, October 17, 2008

Oh Lover

From Blogger Pictures


The moon and I, we hit it off this week.

I'm finishing my second week at the new position, and it's rolling along smoothly. It can be numbing, granted, but I can go numb and make money for two months. I've been harping on this for some time now. It's happening. I'm here.

I have accompaniment to Oregon at the end of January, so I may put off that plane ticket I purchased so long ago. The decision tickles, a lot, and I think I'll be making the cross-country trek again. Maybe the southern route though, cause the little Camry don't like that snowy mountain shtuff too much. Departure time is so close! It can feel very, very far away sitting under these awful fluorescents, in my brown-cloth box, in front of my too-bright screen, wrists hurting from this goddamned keyboard....

So I could have slept a little more last night, but that's the general theme of work for me, always. It seems to be the theme for fall; the autumn and spring are much more tumultuous for me. Summer and winter are smooth sailing for me. The adjustment, the transition of the former two seasons though almost seem to catch me off guard. Last year I had an emotional explosion in the Denver airport at 5 a.m. after no sleep. I have a harder time staying in balance in these seasons.

But god does it feel amazing outside today! It rained this morning and last night. I wanted to lay in bed all morning, listening to the gentle drops and stay nuzzled in my cozy bed-nest.

Music keeps my ears and brain entertained; Blue Plate today is AMAZING, and my heart hurts cause I can't be down at WDVX. And please, please check out Theresa Andersson. Ahhhhmmmm.

Fall is here, no matter how tumultous. Let's hold hands.

No comments: