Come to Chattanooga's Bicycle Task Force meeting today, 12:30 at 1250 Market St. 2B. Public meeting featuring guest speaker TDOT's Jessica Wilson. Roll downtown and let's give em some feedback. Or at least listen.
****
Routines are routine is routine.
The sun is shining on this seemingly all-too-glorious morning. I awoke feeling slightly groggy around 7:15 a.m., which apparently is what I like to do living on Crestwood. I thought my family's morning noises caused me to rouse early. In the silent house though, only the sun shining through all the windows wakes me.
Living out west, I thought I would never adjust to Pacific time. I didn't, really, but I also lacked a definite routine...beyond sleeping as long as I wanted and playing around town all day. It also was very dark the extent of my time there; quite depressing, really, but this was inevitable.
Southern sunshine, Southern sweat and tears keep me grounded.
I interviewed with a local custom publishing company yesterday on Broad Street. I nervously bounced in the nice downtown building and nailed the interview, I guess, or did well enough. I was prepared for this one. Less than three hours later, I was called back for a second interview on Thursday. Sweet, sweet victory, regardless of whether I get the position. I'm trying to stay focused on the moment and Thursday's writing and proofing tests, though it's hard to banish fantasies about a full-time job. This little former PT newspaper worker has never known something so sweet. Talk about living in luxury! FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS, Laura Jane...
Otherwise my days have been filled with enjoyable bike riding and new Chattanooga friends. Last night, Kelly, Keith, Paul and I rode down the Riverwalk all the way to the big park by Chatt State. Our route, starting at the Hunter, reminded me so much of days past spent rollerblading down that path. And cross-country practice with my Notre Dame runners. And high school, and exactly how long it had been since my last visit to the river.
The sun set on us, and we indulged in a brew and half-price oysters at the Boathouse. I rolled home, up the hill, on the unusually cool and beautiful evening. Biking is far easier in that temperature, but I need not complain. I'm just happy I can wear shorts, no coat, and most of the time, I don't have to worry about rain.
No comments:
Post a Comment