Thanks, Chattanooga, for cheerin me up exactly when I needed it.
Last night Kelly, Keith and I rolled over to CreateHere for Pecha Kucha Night No. 3. The global network of events offers an evening of brief, less than seven minute presentations, with each presenter allowed 20, 20-second slides. It's quick, interesting and from my first experience, quite entertaining. I learned about the brains behind cabeen originals, about the TreMontsters from an architect, and from the Norhtshore Yoga inspirations Jessica Jollie and Sara Mingus.
I left thinking, "What would I want to present?" The wheels are turning. Copy editing for dummies? Critical mass and all its glory? Group bike rides in general? Bicycle enthusiasm? Proposing downtown rides?
I want to thank Knoxville for the training wheels so literally provided for me. Only after moving across the country did I fully see, love and appreciate the good energy, events and GREAT folks there. The biking organization, the art scene, First Fridays, new neighborhoods, attention to pedestrian culture, Jack Neely... bangin' businesses like my brother's bike shop, the Fountain City Pedaler.
I could go on! And I should. I need to utilize my networking skills for the best. I'm good at this web stuff, and I can make this web stuff work for me. It's time! Pecha Kucha here I come.
And Chattanooga, thanks for havin' me back.
No comments:
Post a Comment