Saturday, May 23, 2009

up and outdated

It's a cloudy, overcast Saturday here in the Chattanoogie, and I'm about to head to the northshore for Hip Fest (?) and Who-Fest, which I know is an arts event in Renaissance park. Furthermore, Greenlife is having a beer n brats tasting and sale. The G is def. one of my priorities on this lovely, grill-friendly holiday weekend.

This week I've had my idealism dashed in the sand, shared great conversation over wine with a friend, gotten the party and pizzaz out of my system*, found a lead on a house off N. Market Street, and pulled together a somewhat-professional wardrobe for my fancy new job. I address and mailed some necessary thank-yous, twittered probably more than I should have and indulged in my favorite time of day, the Happiest Hour.

Best of all though, I was reminded of a post I wrote a few weeks ago. Regardless of what folks do, say or think about the ChattanoogaSTAND initiative, an group of volunteers who ask questions and enable and engage folks in conversation is A GOOD THING.



*for the next 45 minutes!

No comments: