I made leaps and bounds on this beautiful holiday weekend.
Easter weekend, though it's a different weekend this year, marks a year back in the South. Last Easter, WC and I went barhopping Easter morning in New Orleans. She and M met me at the train station the day before. I was a stinking heap, having been on the train for nearly three days with all of my belongings from OR. The drinking resulted in one of the worst hangovers to date—needless to say, it was memorable.
This Easter, I made bloody Mary's at my Mom's house to accompany our lunch. Who knew a year later I could make such killer drinks, thanks to WC's mad skills? With the onset of summer-like weather, I spent most of my long weekend on the porch swing and scampering about town.
Friday afternoon my friend and I initially planned a bicycle ride. We ended up crafting a beautiful salad from the "weeds" in my front yard, and then went on a wildflower hunt. My thumb is still slightly stained from picking dandelions in preparation to make wine. MMmm... who needs a planned garden when I can eat dande greens? I expect to do more scavenging this week.
All of a sudden the city is alive. Weekends are filling up quickly with bicycle rides and events, gallery openings, cookouts and boating. And suddenly, it feels like time to slow down... My legal complications are set to fizzle out this week thanks to an old family friend in Knoxville. A near and dear relationship I had seriously injured is healing—and it seems everywhere I turn I'm reminded how significant relationships are in our blip of an existence here.
As always, I look forward to new growth. Happy Monday, and happy spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment