Monday, April 12, 2010

Upgrades: Not Something for Sale at the LBS

This past weekend was absolutely bike-tastic, from the fun trek out to Moccasin Bend Brewing to our visit to Owen Cyclery in Hixson.

I finally got some cycling shoes that won't cause me to slip and slide around on concrete so much. Then my neighbor was waving around a rear rack from an old bike he had just sold. I asked him from the street if I could buy it. I'm now the proud owner of a Topeak rear rack—let the hauling begin!
I have very appropriately been in a yellowish haze all day. Most of that can be attributed to the cloud of pollen still in the air; the rest is probably sun and beer damage from yesterday afternoon on the boat. It was my first trip out all year, and I couldn't have been happier slathering on sunscreen and OD'ing on vitamin D. 


Through my haze, though, I've been contemplating and reconsidering my current "situation," if you can even call it that. Impatience best characterizes my general outlook about this summer, this year, the next five years. 

When I get a taste of the future, I often get ahead of myself, even in dreams. Last night, for example, during a restless bout, I dreamed that a blogger friend talked up my little space on the Innarweb. I've never met this woman, let alone commented on her delicious-looking foodie posts. I need to stick with baby steps and not take advantage of what's in front of me. I can't focus on the future too much, as it will cause me to lose my footing in the present.


Go away, yellowish haze. I need some clarity.

No comments: