Never thought I would make the switch from cheap, delicious margaritas across the Square to the Pub, where I'm sipping on too much whiskey. But it's good, and the people are better. I needed some sort of familiar interaction this afternoon. I've been craving it.
One of my writing mentors is sitting outside squinting into the sun. He was speaking with some dude in a Dead shirt, who is talking and talking and talking. I couldn't tell the nature of the conversation, or I would have interrupted them outright. I seek Dave's advice, especially with the potential writing opportunities. And what the fuck was that guy thinking when he walked to the bar with that shirt on...
The heart meditation is amazing, beautiful, brings tears to my eyes. I celebrated the autumnal equinox by the river with Dennis, a seeminly wise friend who feels like an old acquaintance. We met at the last Col. Bruce Hampton show at Barleys. His energy is warm, outright, always right on.
I guess I'm just going to go interrupt them now.
No comments:
Post a Comment