Monday, September 29, 2008

fluffy!


Locked and ready, captain.

But I'm the captain! Hah!

Also: I'm a new hire at the temp job I was dreaming of, and for which I interviewed this morning! Woohoo! My lax, luxurious(ly broke) lifestyle will end on Monday, then. I'll be working 40 hours a week at said full-time temp job and working as many hours as my body/mind will let me at the Sentinel.

THAT is how I'm going to play in Oregon in February, hopefully with marginal employment, preferably NO employment, and sketchy housing details. Yes, yes. I want to hike lots, take pictures and train rides. I want to spread my wings and give the Northwest my energy and love...

If I don't look forward to something, and only see leaving as escaping, I won't be happy there. That's what the planning will start now. This is step one, stuffing my savings account full of CASH, having less time to loaf around in coffee shops and on my bike, like I'm doing currently, and put my mind to something.

Ironically, I believe a lot of my new position will involve tagging things. I wasn't positive what the term meant, although I've done tagging (you know that shit at the bottom of a post) since...god, my first blog on livejournal maybe? Lots of reading home and garden stories, editing and TAGGING. Hah! They can pay me money to do that. It also feels like a wedge at the paper. While I looove love love the folks there and the environment, I can't survive off those wages alone. And without a full-time or nearly full-time schedule, I've been struggling with undue stress and negativity in my home.

Sigh. SO THAT IS OVER!!!!!!

After work tonight, the FELICE BROTHERS are playing at Barley's! I can't wait! And I'm going to PLAY all week looong and celebrate not having a 9-5 job for the last few days I have! True, my employment stint will only last till December, but still. Two months of work...can be intense. I'M READY. Take me noooooow....

2 comments:

Tao Te Joe said...

I still listen to Sam Prekop on a daily basis. I owe that to you.

http://www.self-titledmag.com/home/2008/09/24/track-record-an-exclusive-listening-party-with-commentary-for-dungens-4-lp/

Full stream of Dungen's brand-new album, 4. Check it out, you might dig it. I do.

Tao Te Joe said...

I'll see what I can do. I have both of his solo albums (the Sea and Cake didn't impress me nearly as much) but they both have friggin DRM on them and I've put haxxing long behind me, I can't keep up with the sleepless cyberkiddies anymore. If not, I may just burn them onto cds and send them to you, with a handwritten letter (rare and strange things!) and doodles. You seem transient, so you'll have to let me know where you end up putting (temporary) roots so I may do so.