Friday, September 19, 2008

sunny and slow

I got caught up reading this early this morning upon waking on Miss Wendy's couch. Beacon was in my face, being all nice an catty an stuff after I had some wild dream about athletes ruining the peace of some green hilly community I had been living in. Another vivid, memorable dream; my best tend to occur when I fall asleep after being awake at least once. They're pleasant, usually, and enjoyable.

I was caught up in innarweb multitasking this afternoon at work, which has been one of my slowest to date. Three chat boxes on two different sites; all three conversations were cross country. One in Eugene, one in Portland, one in NOLA. I guess one in West Knoxville, which is far enough away to count as a great distance. I feel indifferent about chatting. While it is not something I really look forward to, it does save my cellphone minutes and increases conversation with close friends. Is it in some breaking down barriers that postpone or delay long distance relationships? I suppose. Too much innarweb is typically, in my mind, always a bad thing.

But at work, as minutes pass by slowly, I look forward to the friendly hello from Amy as she types from the public library in Eugene. It gives me hope that I can maintain connections when I move out there : ) eehehehe...which is less than 160 days away. A really ridiculous measure, I admit, but I enjoy keeping it on the backburner. It fuels more trips to the mountains, fewer visits to the bar, and longer conversations with friends.

Man, shit is REALLY dead on Friday afternoon in the newsroom. Jesus H. Christ...

No comments: