The library is a flurry of activity on this perfect Sunday afternoon. I woke up on Amy's couch again, unaware of when or how I fell asleep last night, or how I managed to sleep through Oregon Amy's phone call at 2 a.m. I must have been sound asleep, appropriately so after an afternoon of swimming, bloody marys, overworked football fans and excitment sorting through Amy's old supplements.
THERE GOES MY OLD BUS FRIEND! Ahhh those were the days. He and I used to see eachother almost every morning and afternoon through June when I rode the 11 out to Nature's Pantry. He washed cars on Kingston Pike and always smiled at me after he got off the bus, maybe two stops before mine. I finally talked to him, I think on the afternoon I was laid off. The job hunt still continutes, and I have a savings goal now. I'll get there, somehow, through thick and/or thin. I WILL BE IN OREGON come the end of February.
I take pleasure in writing about my morning. Recounting the feeling, sensations with which I welcome a new day; the temperature, my dreams and crazy inclinations. News from the subconscious is best recorded at some point. Hell, everything should be recounted, re-examined and reconfigured for further metaphorical digestion. This, with the hope of LEARNING from our experiences and SPREADING that knowledge, is one of my few goals in life, I guess.
I took one of my earlier posts to heart and decided to post it on craigslist. Link available as soon as its up, although it may be flagged for inappropriate content. Well, that's alright. I feel better anonymously advertising my biker rage against drivers who like honking at me. I mean, it WAS a missed connection. He DID try to make contact with me, albeit from behind his little glass-and-metal safety box, cough, I mean, CAR. I am just so cheery and sunshiney about those encounters...
It seems like a good time to quit my rant, bike along and lube up Ellie. She sounds a little cranky today! HAHA!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment